The most common problem people find in the jigsaw is jumpy cuts and heavy vibrations. Some models have high accuracy, portability, and smooth cuts, while others have low accuracy, heavy vibrations, and jumpy cuts. These jigsaws are important for commercial woodworking, and they can also cut a variety of metals. Based on our months of research, we have selected the best jigsaw 2021 for you guys. Bosch JS470E is the top jigsaw if you want our personal suggestion.
But wait there is more, if you want jigsaws with variable speed, greater portability, lifetime warranty, less budget, efficient dust control, and easy to use, we have reviewed them all. If you enjoy this, feel free to drop a comment, it will be highly acknowledged.
Table of contents
- Best jigsaw 2021
- 1. Bosch JS470E Jigsaw – Top Rated
- 2. DEWALT DCS331B Jigsaw-Top cordless jigsaw
- 3. Black and Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw- Best budget
- 4. Makita XVJ032 Jigsaw
- 5. Portable cable PCE345 Jigsaw
- 6. Skil 4495-02 Jigsaw
- 7. Tacklife PJS02A LASER JIGSAW
- 8. Bosch JS470EB Jigsaw
- 9. Ridgid R8832B Jigsaw
- 10. WEN 3602 Jigsaw
- Buyer’s Guide For Jigsaw
- Motor Speed
- Blade change
- Stroke length
- Bevel adjustment and Vibration
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Light and dust port
- Base material
- Orbital Functions
- Jigsaw Blade types
- Blades for different material
- Trigger lock
- Extension tool
- Jigsaw Brand 2020
- How to choose which jigsaw is perfect for you?
- Frequently asked questions
Best jigsaw 2021
Below is the list of best jigsaws of 2021:
Black and Decker BDEJS600C
Portable Cable PCE345 jigsaw
Skil 4495 02
Here are the reviews of the top 10 jigsaws of 2021:
1. Bosch JS470E Jigsaw – Top Rated
Our pick for the best jigsaw is Bosch JS470E. Whether you are a hobbyist or carpenter, Bosch JS470E is the top jigsaw in the market. It is great for commercial woodworking due to smooth cuts and less vibration. Bosch Jigsaw brand always produced top-quality tools, and it is the top-rated jigsaw in our pick.
The construction of this unit is pretty good. It is a corded electric jigsaw and weighs about 5.9 pounds, which is just the right size to fit on the hand. Jigsaw is a powerful tool with fewer vibrations and can easily cut through thick and dense woods. It comes with a blade, anti-splinter insert, a plastic overshoe, a carrying case, and a bevel wrench.
This product has lots of great features. Here are some of these:
- Bosch JS470E is a variable speed jigsaw, which gives you great control over the cut. The dial at the back helps you set the upper-speed limit. Bosch jigsaw is efficient for cutting curves due to its incredible features.
- It has 7 amp motor capable of 31000 strokes per minute, which can easily cut wood, aluminum, and mild steel. The motor is powerful and low in vibrations. It is a powerful tool and good for heavy-duty projects.
- A toolless blade ejection lever helps you in not touching the hot blade, which is an excellent safety feature.
- The strong and solid aluminum footplate keeps the tool firmly in place and helps you in making bevel cuts.
- It is top handle that makes it easier for an excellent grip and considered as the best jigsaw for straight cuts.
- It has a built-in dust blower that keeps the product clean.
Although this saw has lots of great features, Bosch JS470E is not perfect. This product is costly for some. You can set only six speeds, and you cannot lock the trigger for prolonged operation. But it is a reliable product and will help you with many long-term projects.
2. DEWALT DCS331B Jigsaw-Top cordless jigsaw
If you want your jigsaw to be free of power cables, then DEWALT DCS331B is our top pick for the cordless jigsaw. It is one of the best tools. It is a cordless jigsaw weighs about 7 pounds with a separate battery and charger. Jigsaw has a 20V battery on the back with a flat head style and considers as the best battery powered jigsaw.
The jigsaw has lots of great features:
- It is free of power cables, which helps you in moving the jigsaw from one place to another easily.
- Jigsaw is capable of 3000 SPM and offers excellent blade speed.
- It has variable speed control with a firm pull, so you can easily adjust blade speed.
- Jigsaw has orbital action, which is simply adjusted by the flick of the lever.
- It has a three-year warranty, which means this jigsaw is an investment for long term projects.
But it is very slow in cutting and does not have proper speed control. It is heavy, even without a battery.
3. Black and Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw- Best budget
Black and Decker BDEJS600C is the budget-friendly jigsaw. If you want jigsaw at a low price, Black and Decker should be your choice.The saw is extremely lightweight, with 4.6 pounds. It is an electric-powered with a blade in it.
Jigsaw has lots of great features:
- 5 amp motor is respectable but not the best in the business. It can reach up to 3000 SPM with good cutting power.
- It has a variable speed feature but no speed dial, so you can only adjust with a trigger.
- Black and Decker’s jigsaw has improved wire guard for more precise cuts.
- It is much more comfortable to grip over a long period of time and is one of the best handheld jigsaws.
- It has a wire protective cage, which makes the easy sight of a line that you are cutting.
- Black and Decker’s jigsaw has four different cut settings, one is orbital, which gives more aggressive cut, and others are non-orbital.
- Jigsaw has a 2-year warranty, which makes the jigsaw compatible for long term projects.
It should not be used with U shape blade because of the blade lock mechanism, the grip of U shape Blade cannot be maintained. Although this tool has lots of great features, you can only use it with T shank blades.
4. Makita XVJ032 Jigsaw
Makita is a widely known name in the tools industry. They provide high-quality tools. Makita XVJ032 weighs 5 pounds with a blade and cover plate included in the package. You have to buy a separate battery and charger as it is a battery-powered jigsaw.
Jigsaw has lots of good features due to which it stands fourth in our list:
- Jigsaw has a toolless blade system that is super easy to change.
- It has orbital speed settings and heavy gauge for smooth, accurate cuts.
- It has a variable speed motor that is capable of 2600 strokes per minute.
Makita jigsaw only uses Makita B type blades which are not readily available in the market. Makita jigsaw has variable speed but the trigger is not.It has a limited one year warranty.
5. Portable cable PCE345 Jigsaw
Portable cable PCE345 is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 6 pounds. The saw requires no battery. It is one of the best quality saws and used fot DIY projects.
- It has 6 amp motor, which is capable of 3200 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw has a variable speed dial, but the trigger is not variable.
- This tool has a three-year warranty, which makes it very affordable for long term projects.
- It has a lockdown button for prolonged use.
- It has four orbital settings, and you can cut a variety of different materials.
But this jigsaw has some drawbacks. The jigsaw is very heavy due to which it has more vibrations. The main problem is you cannot make straight cuts. It gives you inaccurate alignment due to its heavy cuts. It has no dust port, and you have a problem of dust blowing right in your face. Also, you cannot set the blade cutting depth.
6. Skil 4495-02 Jigsaw
Skil 4495 is a modest price jigsaw with 6 amp motor and built-in laser feature. The saw weighs about 5 pounds, which is lighter than its competitors.
- Jigsaw has a variable speed trigger with 6 amp motor. You can adjust the speed to cut.
- It is a custom-molded tool design preventing the blade from damaging any material.
- The product has four orbital position control for smooth and accurate cuts.
This has built-in laser but is of no use. In daylight, it does not focus on the proper path, and you cannot make a straight cut. It has tension knob on the base, which gets loose during use, and you cannot make a straight cut, and the cut always comes off at an angle. Jigsaw accepts both U and T shank blades, but to be honest, this does not match with the top quality tool mentioned above.
Skill 4495 02 is the best jigsaw for the beginners due to lightweight and custom molded tool design according to our research.
7. Tacklife PJS02A LASER JIGSAW
This jigsaw weighs about 7.7 pounds, which is very heavy to use. The tool comes with carrying case, jigsaw blades, metal guide, ruler, Allen wrench.
- Jigsaw has 6.7 amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute at a stroke length of 0.75 inches. It can cut a wide range of materials at this speed.
- Jigsaw has an LED laser, which makes it easier for you to see the cut line.
- It has a dust exhaust pipe, which makes you sure that there will be no dust on the cut line.
- It has switch lock design, which presses the lock button on the handle when a trigger is on and can keep the saw working without pressing the trigger, thus reduces hand fatigue.
Sometimes blades come out of this jigsaw, so you will not be able to make straight cuts. The other downside is the bottom scuff pad, which is very easily scratched and ends up scratching the things. Sometimes the bottom rotation mechanism moves on its own and can result in crooked cuts.
8. Bosch JS470EB Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw with a weight of 9.95 pounds. The jigsaw comes with a unit instruction guide.
- Jigsaw has an internal precision control feature. It has fewer vibrations with enhanced accuracy.
- The saw has a 7amp motor, which is capable of 3100 strokes per minute, allowing you to get accurate and smooth cuts.
- It has an upfront soft-grip handle for maximum control, precision, and accuracy.
- Dust blower is present for maximum cut line visibility.
It only accepts T shank blades, and you cannot put a T shank blade into it. The biggest drawback of this tool is its heaviness, and it should be named the tiger tank of a jigsaw.
9. Ridgid R8832B Jigsaw
This jigsaw is extremely lightweight, weighing only 4.15 pounds. It is a cordless saw with two lithium-ion batteries required.
- It has 3500 SPM motor with a stroke length of I inch, which is on average with its competitors.
- It has a brushless motor, which makes it good for a long time project.
- The tool has an LED light on its front, which makes it easy for you to see the cut line.
But this jigsaw has some defects due to which it ranks below its competitor. It has a dust blower that throws dust right on your face instead of removing the dust from the line. It requires two battery lithium-ion batteries, and you have to buy the batteries separately. So it becomes a very expensive product in this regard. It has a lifetime warranty, but you need to buy it from Home Depot.
10. WEN 3602 Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 5.1 pounds. Jigsaw tool usually comes with two jigsaw blades.
- Jigsaw has 6amp motor capable of handling 6 inches wood.
- It has variable speed with the capability of 800 to 3000 strokes per minute.
- Lightweight design limits fatigue during operation.
- It has a lock-on trigger that holds the trigger in place, so you do not have to keep the trigger engaged manually.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
Although this saw has some useful features, the dust extraction system is not good.LED light is not okay for long term projects, and it is difficult to make straight cuts, so you need to consider these facts while buying this.
Buyer’s Guide For Jigsaw
You have read our top 10 picks, but there are some things you need to consider while buying the best jigsaw. Read this thoroughly, so you will be able to buy the right product.
One of the most important things in a saw is power. Power is measured in amp for corded jigsaw and volts for a cordless jigsaw. Most jigsaws have power between 4-7 amp, and power will affect the material you cut. If you are cutting hardwood, you need to buy a jigsaw machine with more power, so that it can quickly fulfill your requirements.
Weight is an essential factor for the handling of a jigsaw. Heavier jigsaws add more hours to your work and may also result in pain on arms and shoulders. But on the other hand, they produce fewer vibrations and give you accurate cuts. While lighter jigsaws are easy but they add more vibrations, and you have difficulty in making accurate cuts. So this thing varies from model to model, and you need to consider this important factor.
The speed of jigsaw is measured in strokes per minute. Faster speed allows smoother and quicker cuts. Anything above 2500 strokes per minute is good to go. But many jigsaws offer far high speed. Jigsaw has a variable speed option, which allows controlling the speed of jigsaw. This feature varies from model to model. Some have variable speed trigger, and some jigsaws have variable speed knob. A variable speed trigger allows you to adjust the speed by adjusting how far you will pull the trigger. While variable speed knob allows you to get an exact speed of trigger. Some models have both these features that allow greater flexibility.
All jigsaws mentioned in our list have blade change feature. This allows you to get easy blade installation without touching the heavy metal. All jigsaw does not possess this feature. So you need to look while buying jigsaw.
Stroke length is defined as how far the blade moves when it is cutting. Greater the stroke length, the bigger the cut you are able to make. 5/8 inches is perfect stoke length for most users
Bevel adjustment and Vibration
Bevel adjustment allows you to adjust the slant of the cut quickly and allows you to make easier cuts. Low vibration helps you to get more accurate and straight cuts. While high vibration jigsaw results in crooked cuts.
If you are buying cordless jigsaw than lithium-ion batteries should be your choice. They last much much longer than average batteries.
Light and dust port
LED lights allow you greater visibility of the cut line, which helps you to make smoother and quicker cuts. Dust port allows proper control of dust management. You need to look at these factors while buying a jigsaw.
You should have good material on the foot of your jigsaw. It is recommended to have a jigsaw made with metal cast foot. This allows you to get greater durability and helps you in long term projects.
All the jigsaws mentioned above have an orbital function. It is an excellent function that allows you greater versatility. Your saw will cut in orbital fashion, and it is far more superior than up and down cutting. Orbital jigsaw is superior for cutting thick wood. They make a more aggressive cut allowing for a higher power.
Jigsaw Blade types
Jigsaw Blade type is essential in the proper functioning of a jigsaw. The blade is about 1/4 inch wide and 1/32 inch thick. Their flexibility allows you to make a curved cut, but keeping the edge square requires a little bit of experience and knowledge of jigsaw.
There are two types of blades U shank blades and T shank blades. T shanks blade are most common because they allow you quicker change. They have a cone-shaped end with two flanges. While U shape blade has a convex end that looks like a U, and you need an extra tool to remove the U shape blade.
Blades for different material
Blades for different types of material are essential for a jigsaw. You need to consider different kinds of blades if you want to cut different surfaces. Every type of blade has a specific function assigned to them. They allow you to make smoother and accurate cuts. If you want to cut the laminating floor, then you need to have blades made of high carbon steel or bi-metal. Blades made of these metals cut the surfaces efficiently without destroying the workpiece.
These are high strength material that allows making faster and smooth cuts. The same type of blades is used to cut the kitchen worktop. But when you are cutting plastic, you need to use different types of blades. Plastic is a very soft material, so you need to use the very fine metal cutting blade. Another thing you need to consider while cutting plastic is slower speed because faster speed produces too much heat, and it causes the plastic to melt. So you need to consider these things while using a blade for the jigsaw.
A trigger lock is an excellent feature if you are looking for a long term. If you hold your hand on the trigger while working, your hand will get tired, and you will have some pain in your hand. Trigger lock allows you to lock the trigger on a specific position, so you do not have to manually hold the trigger.
The extension tool is very important for a corded jigsaw. All extensions are not equal in quality. They are rated differently for the amperage they have. Jigsaw is not incredibly power taking tools. So you should be okay if you are using a quality extension.
Jigsaw Brand 2020
Bosch is the pioneer in the jigsaw industry. They developed the first jigsaw, and this is how it all started for woodworking projects. They provide excellent products and satisfaction to their customers. If you want your saw to make accurate gets and want to make your projects successful, then Bosch is the way to go. They are one of the best brands of the jigsaw.
Makita is a reputed country in the field of the jigsaw. They provide excellent cordless saws, and the brand follows customer needs and demands. They are one of the oldest tool suppliers.
Black and Decker
Started as a reputable machine shop Black and Decker is one of the most trusted brands of customers. They provide high-quality tools at an extremely low price.
How to choose which jigsaw is perfect for you?
You need to ask the following questions to yourself before buying the best jigsaw:
- What is the main usage of this machine?
- What is my budget?
- Do I want this jigsaw for short term project or long term project?
These are the questions you need to ask while buying a jigsaw. Sometimes you have a low budget, and sometimes you have a high budget. We have covered all those things in ten best jigsaws for you
Our expert team has given reviews based on its months of research. If you are still confused about whether you need to buy Bosch or Dewalt jigsaw, below is an Infographic that will clear all your doubts.
Frequently asked questions
What are the types of the jigsaw?
There are two types of jigsaw
Orbital jigsaw cuts in orbital motion and allows you to cut more aggressively. This tool removes any kind of debris and sawdust.
This is a standard type of jigsaw in which the blade moves back and forth. It allows you to make more precise cuts. This type of saw is cheaper than an orbital jigsaw.
What are the pros and cons of the corded and cordless jigsaw?
Corded jigsaw is lightweight, and you do not need to charge a battery. You have a problem with moving this jigsaw as it is electrically powered. While cordless jigsaw allows more excellent maneuverability, but they are heavier than corded jigsaw due to the extra function of the battery.
How does jigsaw work?
A jigsaw is a versatile tool that cuts in swift up and down movements, but they can also cut in an orbital fashion. Jigsaw has a blade in it that is used to cut plastic metal and wood. In order to make a smooth cut with the saw, you need to push the shoe of saw firmly while keeping the blade an inch away from the wood.
You have to guide your blade along the outside of the cut line. Never force it; you want your blade to do work for you. You need to be very careful on tight curves, the blade has the tendency to bind, so you need to make some relief cuts.
There are different types of blades option available. Fine blades will make smooth and easy cuts, but their cuts are slower. If you want faster cuts, you can use course blades, but they have a disadvantage of slightly rough edges. So you need to be careful while choosing blades.
Jigsaw is a very powerful tool, and you can cut a variety of metal with this tool. Jigsaw with high saw power, long blade stroke, orbital cutting actions, dust blower function makes this tool effective for cutting metal sheets and mild steel. If you are cutting heavy metals, then you have to make sure to have some extra blades because blades will wear out quickly.
What are top-rated corded and cordless jigsaws?
According to our research, Bosch JSC470E is the top rated-corded saw due to its greater function, as we have mentioned above. If you are looking for the top-rated cordless jigsaw, then DEWALT DCS331B should be your choice.
Can we use jigsaw in tile work?
Jigsaw is a very powerful tool, and they are efficient in cutting curves. They result in a lot less breakage, but you need to buy separate blades for more efficient cutting.
What is the best jigsaw under 100 dollars?
BLACK AND DECKER BDEJSC600 is the best jigsaw under 100 dollars. If you want to buy a low budget jigsaw and want to buy a quality one, you need to consider this.
So you need to consider the above things while buying a jigsaw. If you want the best jigsaw, then Bosch JSC470E should be your choice. It is our best pick due to its great features and high user rating. If you want a jigsaw for greater ease of use, then DEWALT DCS331B is the way to go.
But if you have a low budget, we also have a solution for that. BLACK AND DECKER BDEJSC600 is budget-friendly. It all depends on you. If you want to buy a low budget jigsaw, you need to compromise on some features. Jigsaw is not a tool you are going to buy daily, so my suggestion is to buy a jigsaw that will help you in your long term projects.