A jigsaw is an important tool for commercial woodworking. The most common problem people find in the low budget jigsaw is jumpy cuts and high vibrations. But we have solved this problem for you. We have prepared a list of the best budget jigsaw under $100 in 2020. Based on our months of research, black and decker BDEJS600C is the best tool under $100.
But wait, there is more if you are looking for a jigsaw with greater speed, efficiency, dust blower, LED light, we have reviewed them all. Budget and performance are the two main factors we consider while making our list. We have prepared a list of jigsaws that are low in budget but high in performance.
Table of contents
- Best budget jigsaw under $100
- 1. Black and Decker BDJEJS600C Jigsaw – Top Rated
- 2. Bosch JS260 Jigsaw
- 3. Makita 4329k Jigsaw
- 4. Skil 4495-02 Jigsaw
- 5. PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Jigsaw
- 6. Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
- 7. Ryobi ZRJS481LG Jigsaw
- 8. TECCPO TAJS01P Jigsaw
- 9. WEN 33606 Jigsaw
- 10. Avid power AJS268 Jigsaw
- Buyer Guide of Budge Jigsaws
- Frequently asked questions
Best budget jigsaw under $100
Here is the list of best budget jigsaws under $100
Best budget Jigsaw
Black and Decker BDJEJS600C Jigsaw
Bosch JS260 Jigsaw
Makita 4329k Jigsaw
Skill 4495-02 Jigsaw
PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Jigsaw
Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
Ryobi ZRJS481LG Jigsaw
TECCPO TAJS01P Jigsaw
WEN 33606 Jigsaw
Avid power AJS268 Jigsaw
1. Black and Decker BDJEJS600C Jigsaw – Top Rated
It is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 4.6 pounds with a variable speed function. It has a two-year warranty. Jigsaw has lots of great features.
- Jigsaw has 5 amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw can make 45-degree bevel cuts with easy to use shoe for greater stability.
- It has improved the wire guard for better functioning.
- Jigsaw has a built-in dust blower and tool-less blade change for easy removal of blades.
- It is best for the price and high in performance.
- Jigsaw is excellent in functionality and cuts straight as an arrow.
This jigsaw has some great specifications for such a low budget, but the only drawback is that sometimes the blade gets lose after lock-on.
2. Bosch JS260 Jigsaw
Bosch is one of the most trusted tool company. Bosch JS260 is an electric-powered jigsaw weighs about 5.3 pounds. It comes with an anti splinter insert, jigsaw blade, bevel wrench, and a carrying bag. Jigsaw has a one-year warranty.
- Jigsaw has 6 amp motor capable of delivering 3100 strokes per minute. This allows for efficient and fast cutting.
- It has four-position orbital settings that allow aggressive to smooth cuts.
- Jigsaw has a dust blower that keeps the dust away from the line of cut.
- Jigsaw has a toolless blade system that allows easy removal of blades.
Although this jigsaw has some great features, due to the following drawbacks, it stands second in our list. Jigsaw does not have a stable base due to which it makes cuts at an angle. Jigsaw only accepts T shank blades. So there is a slight compatibility issue.
3. Makita 4329k Jigsaw
Jigsaw is an electric-powered jigsaw weigh about 4.19 pounds and comes with a unit and instruction guide. Makita jigsaw has one year warranty.
- Jigsaw is capable of 3100 strokes per minute, which is efficient for fast and effective cutting.
- It has a counterweight balancing system for reduced vibrations.
- Jigsaw has an aluminum base that is easily adjusted from a variety of angles.
- This jigsaw is an ergonomic design that allows you to work for a long period without getting fatigued.
However, it is tough to get an accurate angle on the shoe of the saw. The removal of the blade is not easy, and you need to get a hexagon wrench for the removal of blades.
4. Skil 4495-02 Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw weighs about 5 pounds. The jigsaw comes with a one year warranty.
- Jigsaw has 6 amp powerful motor, which is excellent for efficient cutting.
- It has four-position orbital settings, which can make smooth to aggressive cuts.
- It has a variable speed trigger to adjust a variety of the speed.
- The good thing about this jigsaw is that it is a custom-molded tool design.
Thus, it is good for the beginners, but the built-in laser is not effective, so a problem in the visibility of the cut line. Sometimes, It tends to drift a little, so you have difficulty in making straight cuts.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCC650B Jigsaw
The portable cable is a battery-powered jigsaw with a 3-year limited warranty. The battery is not included in the package.
- Jigsaw has three orbital settings, and you can make a variety of cuts with this jigsaw.
- It has a variable speed trigger, which is capable of 2500 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw has a tool-less blade change which allows the easy removal of blades.
- It has a dust blower that can easily remove the dust through the cut line, thus resulting in enhanced visibility.
- Jigsaw has a 20 V max system, which allows it to cut effectively.
The battery is not included in the package, so you need to buy a separate battery that has additional costs.
6. Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
Tacklife PJS02A is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 7.98 pounds. It comes with a carrying case, jigsaw blades, metal guide, Allen wrench, and dust exhaust pipe.
- Jigsaw has a 6.7amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- It has six-speed settings, which allows a great variety of cuts.
- Jigsaw is a switch lock-on design. You can lock the trigger, and jigsaw manually keeps working without pressing the trigger. This can help in reducing handle fatigue and allows you to work for an extended period.
- It has an adjustable aluminum footplate, which enables the jigsaw to make bevels up to 45 degrees.
Jigsaw is very heavy as compared to its competitors. Thus, you have a problem in holding this jigsaw. Moreover, jigsaw gets jammed while cutting the plywood. So you need to consider this while buying this jigsaw
7. Ryobi ZRJS481LG Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 5.6 pounds. The jigsaw comes with a three-month warranty,
- Jigsaw has a good grip that can help you in long term projects.
- It has an orbital function that allows you a great variety of cuts.
Jigsaw does not have a dust port, which does not allow you proper visibility of the cut line. The other problem with this jigsaw is that it does not give a straight cut. So these are the drawback you need to consider before buying this product.
8. TECCPO TAJS01P Jigsaw
Jigsaw is an electric-powered jigsaw weighs about 5.51 pounds. It has a saw blade for woodworking, metal, guide ruler, blow molding case, and sweep up pipe adapter. It comes with a one year warranty.
- Jigsaw has a 6.5 amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- It has four-position orbital action so you can make smooth to aggressive cuts.
- Jigsaw has a lock-on switch design, so you do not have to place your hand on the trigger manually.
- It has a nice bottom plate and locking pin at the end to keep it in a stable position.
Jigsaw has no scale ruler variable speed dial only works in speed above 3, so it has a three-speed setting. Sometimes the blade gets locked and does not come out easily.
9. WEN 33606 Jigsaw
Jigsaw is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing only 5.4 pounds. The jigsaw comes with a two-year warranty, a wood blade, a metal blade, and a parallel fence bracket.
- Jigsaw has a 6.6 amp motor capable of 3300 strokes per minute.
- It has an LED light feature, which increases the visibility of the cut line.
- It has four orbital selection knob so you can change the position of the blade.
.Jigsaw does not have an effective dust blower. It has less power than its competitors, so you have difficulty cutting hardwood. Blades usually falls out of the jigsaw due to the inefficiency of the lever.
10. Avid power AJS268 Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw weighing about 5.3 pounds. The jigsaw comes with an Allen wrench, jigsaw blades, dust exhaust pipe, and user manual.
- Jigsaw has a 7amp motor that is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw has an ergonomic lock-on switch design to increase comfort and ease.
- It has LED laser light and a dust port for easy removal of dust, thus help in increasing the visibility of the cut line.
But this jigsaw is heavy than its competitors and difficult to use for some due to its heavyweight. It also has more vibrations due to heavyweight.
Buyer Guide of Budge Jigsaws
You have to make sure that you do not compromise on quality. You can still buy great jigsaws in a low budget, but you have to follow a certain thing
You need to look at the power of jigsaw. Effective cutting power helps you to complete your projects earlier. This will save time and energy. Mostly, good jigsaws have power between 6 to 7 amp. You should buy jigsaw with high power, so you can cut any type of wood.
Ease of use
Ease of use is an important factor you need to consider while buying the best budget jigsaw. An ergonomic design with a good grip is the way to go. These things help you in long term projects.
LED light and Dust blower
You need to look at the LED light and dust blower features of your jigsaw. This is especially important in making a straight cut. These two will help you with better visibility of the cut line. An ineffective dust blower can lead to inaccurate cuts and thus result in the failure of your project.
The blade is an essential factor to make effective cuts. You should look at the blade quality while buying a jigsaw. You should look at our buying guide about jigsaw blades to get more information.
Thus, It all depends on you which jigsaws you are going to buy. You need to look at the performance and budget. We have reviewed the best jigsaws that can give you high performance on a low budget. You need to consider the above factors while buying a good jigsaw.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best affordable jigsaw?
Black and decker BDJEJS600c is the best inexpensive jigsaw according to our research. It has great features like greater adjustability of the shoe improved wire guard, and effective dust blower.
Can jigsaw cuts plywood?
Jigsaw with effective power can easily cut plywood.
What is the most common problem in the cheap jigsaw tool?
The most common problem you find in a low price jigsaw is jumpy cuts and heavy vibration. You also need to compromise on some features in a low budget. But if you buy the jigsaw in the above list, you can get the desired results.
Can jigsaw cut medium density fiberboard?
Jigsaw can easily cut a medium density fiberboard. But you need to select blades with high TPI, the more teeth blade has, the easier it can cut the MDF.
Thus the choice depends on you. Black and decker is the best budget jigsaw under 100 dollars. Bosch JS260 comes second in our list. A jigsaw is an essential tool for a woodworker. They are crucial for woodworking projects. So it is a long time investment. Jigsaw is not a thing you are going to buy daily, so if you want to buy the best budget jigsaw go for the best one. If you want to upgrade from 100 dollars category, you can also check our broad list of best jigsaw Do tell us in a comment which jigsaws you are going to buy. It would be an absolute pleasure to hear from you.