Corded jigsaw is one of the most flexible tools in the world. These jigsaws are essential for commercial woodworking. Corded jigsaw has a continuous supply of power, and you do not need to recharge the battery again and again like a cordless jigsaw. The problem people find in a corded jigsaw is their portability, but we have selected the best corded jigsaw for you. Based on our months of research, Bosch Js740E is our top pick.
But wait there is more, If you want jigsaw with lightweight, greater ease of use, variable speed trigger, we have reviewed them all. We have tried and tested corded jigsaws again and again and bring out the ten best corded jigsaws of 2020.
Table of contents
- Best Corded jigsaw 2020
- 1. Bosch JS470E Corded jigsaw- Top pick
- 2. DEWALT DW317K Jigsaw- Runner up
- 3. PORTER-CABLE PCE345 jigsaw– Budget Friendly
- 4. Hitachi CJ90VST jigsaw
- 5. SKIL 4495-02 jigsaw
- 6. BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C jigsaw
- 7. Skill JS314901 jigsaw
- 8. Tacklife PJS02A jigsaw
- 9. WEN 33606 jigsaw
- 10. Milwaukee 6268-21 jigsaw
- Things to consider while buying a corded jigsaw
- Blade type
- Dust blower and LED light
- Frequently asked questions about corded jigsaw
Best Corded jigsaw 2020
Here is the list of 10 best corded jigsaw:
Bosch JS470E jigsaw
DEWALT DW317K jigsaw
PORTER-CABLE PCE345 jigsaw
Hitachi CJ90VST jigsaw
SKILl 4495-02 jigsaw
BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C jigsaw
Skill JS314901 jigsaw
Tacklife PJS02A jigsaw
WEN 33606 jigsaw
Milwaukee 6268-21 jigsaw
Here are the Reviews of 10 top Corded JIgsaws of 2020
1. Bosch JS470E Corded jigsaw- Top pick
Our top pick for the corded jigsaw is Bosch JS470E. Bosch is considered to be a pioneer in the tools industry. Jigsaw weighs about 5.9 pounds with a 7 amp motor. Blade, anti splinter, plastic overshoe, bevel wrench, carrying case are included in the package.
Jigsaw has some incredible features, that is why it is the best overall.
- Jigsaw has 7 amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute. This feature allows fast and powerful cutting of any material.
- It has four orbital settings, which means you can make aggressive cuts. Thus, this jigsaw allows you high accuracy.
- The jigsaw has a variable speed trigger, which means you can adjust the speed setting. There is also a trigger lock on, which means you do not have to hold the trigger manually during work.
- Jigsaw has an internal precision machine plunging system. This is a low vibration design that enhances accuracy, and you can make smooth cuts.
- It has a 120V power system that allows you high accuracy and control.
Thus, This jigsaw has some incredible features, but there is no proper LED light guide that lets you adequate visibility of the cut line. But for long term and quality, this jigsaw should make a place in your toolkit.
2. DEWALT DW317K Jigsaw- Runner up
DEWALT DW317K weighs about 6.2 pounds a storage bag included in the package. Jigsaw has some fine features you need to look at.
- Jigsaw has a 5.5 amp motor, which is capable of 3100 strokes per minute. This power is efficient to cut medium wood material.
- Jigsaw has keyless blade change, which allows easy adjustment of the jigsaw. This allows you greater ease of use and makes accurate cuts.
- It has four orbital action settings, which allows you greater control of the cut.
- Shoe bevels are present which allows you to cut at 0 to 45 angle.
- The handle of the jigsaw is very comfortable for easier and better grip.
This jigsaw has less power than a corded jigsaw, so if you want to cut hardwood or heavy metal, then Bosch JS7470E should be your choice.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCE345 jigsaw– Budget Friendly
PORTER-CABLE offers great corded jigsaw at a low price. The portable cable is an orbital jigsaw weighs about 6 pounds with a 110-volt max system.
Jigsaw has some great features. It is a mixture of Bosch and DEWALT.
- It has seven-position speed dial integrated into the trigger, which allows smooth and accurate cuts.
- Jigsaw has 6 amp motor capable of 3200 strokes per minute, which is best for the money.
- PORTER-CABLE has a lock-on button that minimizes user fatigue during long-term projects.
- Jigsaw also has a tool-free blade change that allows you quick replacement of blades.
- Jigsaw is the best jigsaw for the money.
Although this jigsaw has some useful features and it is best for the price according to our research, but it is not quite as powerful as Bosch. It has a 110-volt max system only.
4. Hitachi CJ90VST jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 4.9 pounds with a 120V max system. We have tested it, and jigsaw offers us a surprise.
- Jigsaw weighs only 4.9 pounds, which is exceptionally lightweight.
- It has four orbital action settings, which allows you great control over the cuts.
- It has a powerful dust blower that keeps them away from the cut line
- Jigsaw has 5.5amp motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- It has a 5-year warranty.
But this jigsaw has some defects due to which it falls low in our list. It is tough to change the blades in this jigsaw and the blades would not go into the blade holder properly.
5. SKIL 4495-02 jigsaw
Skill jigsaw weighs about 5 pounds, and fine tooth metal blade and coarse tooth metal blade are included in the package.
- This jigsaw has 6 amp motor and built-in laser guide for smooth and more comfortable cuts.
- Skill jigsaw has four orbital settings, which allows you a great variety of cuts.
- Jigsaw has a variable speed trigger that allows you great control over the speed.
- Jigsaw has a custom-molded tool design to prevent the damage of blade material.
It does not correctly fit t shaped blade. This jigsaw is challenging for use by some. You need to very strong and professional to make straight cuts.
6. BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 4.6 pounds with a 120V max system. Jigsaw is an excellent jigsaw for the budget. It has one blade included in the package.
- Jigsaw has 5 amp variable speed motor, which is capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- It has a dust blower that keeps the dust away from the cut line.
- The Company has improved the wire guard for precise cuts.
- Jigsaw has a toolless blade system that allows the easy installation of the blade.
But this jigsaw accepts only T shank blade, and you cannot use U shank blades with it and shaped blades never lock into the jigsaw. Furthermore, the grip is uncomfortable, and jigsaw also has a problem of heavy vibration, so you need to look at this before buying this jigsaw.
7. Skill JS314901 jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 4.9 with a 120V system. The wood cutting blade and metal cutting blade are included in the package.
- Jigsaw has four smooth orbital functions that allow easy and smooth cutting.
- It has a two-finger variable speed dial that allows increased control and allows you to make smooth and accurate cuts.
- It has a dust blower that allows you apparent precision of the cut line.
- Jigsaw has bright halo light, which is an excellent feature to increase the visibility of the cut line.
- It has easy blade change that allows you quick installation of blades.
But this jigsaw has some defects. It does not feature a variable speed trigger and trigger lock does not work, so you need to be careful with long term projects
8. Tacklife PJS02A jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 7.98 pounds with a max 120 V system. The jigsaw comes with a carrying case, jigsaw blades, dust exhaust pipe, Allen wrench, metal guide.
- Jigsaw has 6.7 amp motor capable of 3000 strokes per minute. It has six position variable speed allow that allows you to control the speed and variety of cuts.
- Jigsaw has four-position orbital settings for softer and faster cutting.
- Jigsaw has a built-in laser and dust port system that allows better control of the visibility of the cut line.
- It has adjustable aluminum footplate that allows you to make bevels up to 45 degrees.
- Jigsaw has the press lock-on button feature that allows the jigsaw to work without pressing the trigger.
It is heavyweight and has the problem of heavy vibrations and jumpy cuts. This will hinder your ability to make proper and accurate cuts. Laser light does not work in a cross-cut.
9. WEN 33606 jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 5.4 pounds with a 120-volt battery. The jigsaw comes with a wood blade, metal blade, and a two-year warranty.
- Jigsaw has orbital speed settings, so you can change the movement of the blade and make a variety of cuts.
- Jigsaw has 6.6 amp motor, which is capable of 3300 strokes per minute, which allows some excellent cutting.
- It has an LED light and dust blower that allows you greater visibility of the cut line.
It was not easier to make straight cuts with this jigsaw. You need to hold the jigsaw at an angle to make a straight cut. Furthermore, the jigsaw has low power and is not recommended for hardwood or heavy metal
10. Milwaukee 6268-21 jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 6.19 pounds with a 120 V max system. The unit and instruction guide is included in the package.
- Jigsaw has a 6.5 amp motor capable of 3000 strokes per minute.
- It has four positions orbital speed settings that allow you to make a great variety of cuts.
- It has a good grip that allows this model to make fewer vibrations and allows you to make smoother cuts.
This cordless Jigsaw makes inaccurate cuts as compared to its competitors. It is costly, and you need to have a high budget to get this jigsaw. Moreover, no fine adjustments are present to align the shoe to the blade.
Thus due to 6.5 amp motor and four-position orbital settings, this jigsaw stands a good chance, but it is costly, and most of the competitors have less price for the same kind of features.
Things to consider while buying a corded jigsaw
You need to consider the following things in mind before buying the corded jigsaw tool. Whether you want to buy a corded jigsaw or want cordless jigsaw reviews, buying guide is the must to read.
Power is an excellent feature to consider while buying a jigsaw. The jigsaw comes in a variety of power models. Always buy jigsaw, which has high power. You can cut any type of material with this jigsaw-like softwood, hardwood, and any kind of heavy metals. Jigsaw having 5.5 to 7 amp motor has good power.
The blade is one of the crucial factors to cut in commercial woodworking. Blades are of different kinds, and they are made up of different materials. Mostly corded jigsaws are made up of tungsten, soft steel, carbon steel. Blade cutting is based on TPI, which is a number of teeth per inch. The higher the TPI, you can cut any harder material. Lower TPI will cut softer material. The blade speed is another critical factor. It refers to the number of times blades move per minute. It is called stroke per minute. This speed ranges from 0 to 3200 strokes per minute.
They are types of blades available T and U shaped blades. So you need to consider which type of blades you want to buy, whether these blades types fit into your jigsaw holder. Here is the full guide about jigsaw blade reviews.
Dust blower and LED light
Dust blower and the LED light is an essential feature to consider while buying a corded jigsaw. They will keep dust away from the line of cut and help you in better visibility of the cut line.
There are two types of soleplate available, one is steel, and the other is aluminum cast. Steel is light and durable but can be easily broken, but the aluminum cast is heavyweight, but cannot be broken easily. So you have to select the jigsaw with the soleplate according to your stamina and ease of work.
So it all depends on you which jigsaw you want to buy.
You need to ask following questions to yourself before purchasing a jigsaw
Why am I buying this?
What is my budget?
What are the features that distinguish this jigsaw from others?
Frequently asked questions about corded jigsaw
What type of handle is more preferable?
Two types of handle are available, one is a barrel handle, and the other is a D shaped handle. Barrel handle is more natural to grip, but it is not comfortable to hold, while D handle is comfortable to hold, but it is tough to keep the handle straight at times.
Do I need a useful extension with a corded jigsaw?
You should have a suitable extension source with a corded jigsaw to work it properly.
What is the role of orbital settings of the corded jigsaw?
Jigsaws with more orbital settings are more compatible to make a wide variety of cut. They can cut up and down and also cut in orbital fashion. So these jigsaws have more versatility and a good buy for long term projects.
What is best-corded jigsaw?
Bosch JS470E is the best corded jigsaw according to our research. It has excellent features like high amp motor, greater power, orbital speed setting, LED light, and dust blower.
Bosch JS470E is the best corded jigsaw according to our research. If you want to try a different model, then DEWALT DW31K should be your choice. If you are low on budget and want to buy a good jigsaw, then portable cable PCE435 is the way to go, but It all depends on you whether you want more features or you want a jigsaw tool for short term projects or long term.
You need to consider features like variable speed trigger, orbital speed setting, high amp motor, dust blower, and LED light. So you should buy a corded jigsaw that has all these features because jigsaw is not a thing that you are going to buy every day. Feel free to drop a comment, it will be highly acknowledged. You can also visit our list of jigsaw reviews to get a broader idea.