Makita is a well known Japanese brand for its power tools, especially Cordless and corded jigsaws. So, if you are already a user of Makita jigsaws, then you already know that their products speak for their value. So here, we will review some of the best Makita jigsaws based on quality, price, performance, and other various features like blade sharpness, speed, and brand value. Based on our months of research, we have reviewed top cordless and corded Makita jigsaws that are suitable for your professional project.
When you are selecting a brand of any product, you need to keep certain things in mind to choose the right product. Brand reputation and product durability are the main factors. So we have kept in mind all the parameters that you need to choose the right product.
- Excellent body balance
- fewer vibrations
- Easy to change the blade
Makita XVJ01Z Jigsaw
- Six-speed control dial
- Tool-less blade change
- Three orbital settings
Makita XVJ03Z Jigsaw
- Brushless motor
- two-finger variable speed trigger
Table of contents
Best Makita Jigsaw in 2022
Here is the list and reviews of the top Makita jigsaw:
Makita JV0600K – TOP Rated
Excellent body balance
Easy to change the blade
Makita XVJ01Z Jigsaw
Six-speed control dial
Tool-less blade change
Three orbital settings
Makita XVJ03Z Jigsaw
two-finger variable speed trigger
Makita DJV180Z Jigsaw
Premium performance up to 2600SPM
Trigger switch is easily accessible
Makita 4329K Jigsaw
Quite functional rubber grip
Readily available trigger for power
Speed range is up to 3100SPM
Reviews of top 5 picks
1. Makita JV0600K – TOP Rated
Jigsaw weighs about 5.2 with a 1year warranty. The Jigsaw comes with a jigsaw blade, hex wrench, and tool case.
- In the corded Category of Makita jigsaw, we have Makita JV0600K. It is the Top-handle jigsaw having a speed range of 500 to 3100 SPM.
- The control over the speed and power helps in slicing the materials like mild steel or plywood like butter! Only because they have upgraded the motors to 6.5 amps with 3 Orbital speed control settings.
- It has efficient dust management because of the presence of dust port through the body, and because of the Top-handle held the position, it is the best Makita jigsaw for cutting curves.
- They have used the Counterbalance system to reduce reductions. So, because of less vibration, operators have more control over it and can cut through different things with accuracy. The blade can be removed and installed with ease without using any tool.
2. Makita XVJ01Z Jigsaw
It is a battery-powered jigsaw that weighs about 5.12 pounds. The barrel grip Makita jigsaw comes with a cover plate, hex wrench, Jigsaw blade, and a three-year warranty and
- Jigsaw has a six-speed control dial that is capable of 3500 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw has a dual LED light that illuminates the work area.
- It has tool-less blade change that allows the easy removal of blades.
- It has three orbital settings with a brushless motor that would enable us to make a variety of cuts.
Although it makes a powerful cut, it is poorly designed, and the blade comes out and spilt in half during use.
3. Makita XVJ03Z Jigsaw
Jigsaw weighs about 5 pounds with a three-year warranty. The jigsaw comes with a tool, jigsaw blade, and a cover plate.
- If you are looking for a cordless jigsaw because of no availability of continuous power supply in places like woods, then you would probably need a handy jigsaw with no hassle of wires, and a good performing motor with a battery. So, here Makita comes up with a unique tool Makita XVJ03Z 18V LXT.
- Even though it does not have a breakneck operating speed, because of its smoothness and stable cutting experience it is one of the top jigsaws.
- It is also a very durable jigsaw because of the heavy gauge. It is also providing three different orbital settings so you can cut products like plastic, wood, and metal quickly and smoothly.
- Jigsaw gives us a speed range of 0 to 2600 SPM, which is still a pretty decent speed. It is a very handy jigsaw Weighs only 6.4 lbs with a battery. Tool-less blade change technology helps in the quick and easy change of blade.
4. Makita DJV180Z Jigsaw
Jigsaw is a battery-powered jigsaw that weighs about 5.29. Lithium-ion batteries are required for power, which is not included in the package.
- If the price is not an issue and you need some premium cordless, compact, robust, and ergonomic Jigsaw, then here is the best option for your next purchase, Makita DJV180Z 18V. LXT.
- It has a massive switch to operate the speed trigger, which is easily accessible with two fingers. Like the other two, this jigsaw also comes with Tool-less blade changing features.
- Three orbital settings for speed gives us more control over cutting various materials. Its 18V battery powered jigsaw, which can cut up to 135mm in wood and 10mm in steel and weigh only 5.29 pounds.
- Having a dust blower helps in optimum performance by removing debris, which can affect blade performance.
- It also has an LED light to illuminate the work area so you can have better visuals.
5. Makita 4329K Jigsaw
It is an electric-powered jigsaw that weighs about 4.19 pounds. It comes with a one year warranty.
- If you are on a less budget, then don’t worry, Makita has Makita 4329K for you. It is a top-handle Jigsaw with the option of variable speed and a 3.9amp motor. With a 3.9amp motor, it still has the power to handle regular tasks.
- It provides a speed range up to 3100 SPM, But the machine does offer reliable performance for cutting various surfaces because of its die-cast aluminum base.
- You can also adjust these angles up to 45 degrees on both sides. It allows you to get different cutting results for different surfaces. Having an Ergonomically designed rubberized grip provides the best grip and control while operating the machine.
Thus it all depends on you which Makita jigsaw you want to buy. Whether you are buying a cordless Makita jigsaw or a best-corded jigsaw you need to consider the above features for the perfect buy. Jigsaw is one of the perfect tools these days for woodworking projects. So do not waste your time in buying a top jigsaw for your project
Makita Jigsaw blade
Jigsaw blade is essential in making right and accurate cuts. A blade is the basis of a successful woodworking projects. Here we are going to present you a review of an excellent jigsaw blade.
Makita 5 Piece – T Shank Wood Jigsaw Blades
This is an excellent blade and has lots of great features. We are going to mention all of those
- With 8 TPI, this blade cuts PVC and wood faster. It is a T-shank blade and it is compatible with all the models of the jigsaw.
- It provides accurate cuts with high carbon steel precision.
- The blade cuts easier, faster with an easy blade removal service. The blade has maximum grip and great stability.
- It cuts great with plywood and great blade for your Makita jigsaw
Makita is a recognized jigsaw brand worldwide, their tools have a great reputation in the woodworking industry. So a great buy for your Makita jigsaw.
Frequently asked questions
What to consider while buying a good jigsaw?
You need to look at variable speed trigger, power, LED light, and dust port to perform your function efficiently.
What is the best Makita jigsaw?
Based on our months of research, Makita JV600K is the best jigsaw.
You can also read about other brands of jigsaw here. Makita is one of the most popular brand of jigsaw these days.
So we have compared some of the best Makita jigsaws. According to our expert opinion, JVO600K is the top Makita jigsaw. Now its all depends on personal preference, the purpose of use, availability, and affordability. We have summarized all the features of these jigsaws so you can have a better look and can compare the price and performance of different jigsaws. While purchasing, keep in mind that some jigsaws come only in the body while some jigsaws are available as a kit.
So if you are upgrading an old jigsaw then most of the time, you can go with the body only option to save some money so you can buy some other tools. Jigsaw is not a thing you are going to buy. do choose wisely. Feel free to drop a comment; we love to hear which jigsaw you are going to buy. You can also read about the guide of the best jigsaw tool here. Check here guides of 2022
A professional writer who has years of experience with woodworking tools. James has been a professional tool expert for over 6 years. Besides that, he is a traveler, a professional chef, and a dog trainer. His love for power tools allows him to write some interesting guides